Carolina Hormone and Health Center has joined with The American Heart Association cause to fight the Number One killer of women – Heart Disease.
Cardiovascular disease caused by atheroclerosis equals 40% of American Women’s deaths.
“Prior to menopause, women have significantly lower incidence than men of the same age. Five years after menopause, women not on hormone replacement therapy have the same incidence as men of the same age.”
-The Youth Effect
Many studies have agreed that hormone replacement therapy (HRT), the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI), Estrogen Replacement and Atheroclerosis (ERA), Kronos Early Estrogen Prevention Study (KEEPS).
- Relaxation on blood vessel walls and heart walls
- Lower LDL Cholesterol
- Reduction of fibrinogen (a clotting factor in the blood)
- Decrease in plaque in the arteries
- Slows hardening of the arteries
- Lower C – Reactive Protein (an inflammatory marker)
- Enhanced blood flow to the heart and body, improved heart function
Post menopausal women have less estrogen, and women with the lowest levels of testosterone also had an elevated risk of heart disease.
Caroline Hormone and Health Center offers a natural, bioidentical HRT through pellet delivery system. Synthetic and oral estrogen can stimulate clotting risk in the blood. Pellet therapy is absorbed into the body, and does not carry the same cardiovascular risk of blood clot formation, heart attack and stroke.