Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a more natural approach to optimizing and balancing your hormones. Bioidentical hormones are molecularly identical to what our bodies make and are plant-based versions of Estrogen, Progesterone, & Testosterone.
BHRT diminishes menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings for women as well as andropause symptoms such as low drive, muscle loss, and lack of focus in men. Men and women can start experiencing the symptoms of diminshing hormones as young as their 30s due to aging, stressors, lifestyle, and nutritional deficiencies. Even if your symptoms may not seem “severe”, you can benefit greatly from BHRT.
What are pellets?
- Bioidentical pellets are about the size of a grain of white rice, and are compounded to deliver all-natural hormones to your body as needed. Pellets are customized to fit your body’s needs and your goals.
- Pellets are metabolized into the body with zero waste and your body will break these down and use them as needed. Our therapies are never a “one size fits all” approach like traditional hormone delivery methods like pills, patches or creams.
- Pellets are inserted right under the skin on the fleshy part of your hip for women and the flank for men. The medical provider will numb the area for the most comfortable experience, then the pellets begin the process of slowly dispersing the natural hormones to the blood stream, closely mimicking the normal process of hormone diffusion in the body.
- Our pellets release a self-adjusting dose at the cellular level so that you receive the exact amount of hormones necessary. This eliminates any “ups and downs” you hear about with other delivery methods of hormone treatments. Pellets typically release between 3 to 4 months for women and 4 to 6 months for men.
What can I expect during treatment?
- You can expect to begin experiencing symptom relief within as little as 4 to 5 weeks, and then gradually begin to feel better and better throughout your treatment.
- We start your treatment conservatively and increase dosing over time. We monitor your hormone profile, your symptom rating scale, and your lifestyle then collaborate to map out your treatment plan.
Why Carolina Hormone and Health Center?
- Being the first BHRT pellet practice in South Carolina, our medical team has provided care for thousands of patients and performed over 70,000 BHRT pellet implant procedures. In the last 11 years, we have educated patients about BHRT and seen life-changing results, because we believe that life is meant for living, not just existing.
- We offer 2 convenient locations: one in Mt Pleasant, SC located just over the Ravenel Bridge, and one in the heart of West Columbia, SC.
What is the first step?
- The first step to starting your journey with BHRT is to schedule a FREE consultation with our patient advocate by clicking the button below. A review of your medical history, specific symptoms, lifestyle, goals, as well as cost of treatment will be discussed in this free consultation.
- Your hormone profile will be scheduled at your consultation.
- Your next appointment will be approximately 7-10 days later, at which point you will meet with a medical provider to collaborate with your goals and receive your customized pellets, and you will be on your way to living your life again!
*More information about cost and insurance can be found in our FAQs.*